settlements

Page 1 of 2    12

Posted January 21 2016 - 19:30
add it so you can make settlements around the map that can do some thing your town can
Posted January 21 2016 - 19:31
#Support
Posted January 21 2016 - 20:06
#Support
Posted January 21 2016 - 20:06
#Support
Posted January 21 2016 - 22:07
#Support
Posted January 21 2016 - 22:49
#support how do you make settlements
Posted January 22 2016 - 00:37
idk have your people drive to the point you pick on the map
Posted January 22 2016 - 02:08
#support
Posted January 22 2016 - 02:12
#Support
Posted January 22 2016 - 02:53
Like What? Would it be Like an Acre but with People or??? You must explain like Will you make purpose Built settlements for Mining and one for Wood or will it be like an Actual Town, and in that case whats the point, not to mention it would over-crowd the map very fast if people were able to see "Settlements".
Posted January 22 2016 - 04:15
I #support this
Posted January 22 2016 - 07:05
Honestly, I think this idea could work, but it sounds a little like it was already covered with the Acres and government installations, although those tend to get gobbled up by the big players. I could see this as an interesting idea if they functioned as small specialized towns which could only be raided, but not taken over, if you had a cap of 1-2 that would ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to own something similar to an acre. Of course you wouldn't want the map being overcrowded, so it could possibly be researchable only at lvl 36 (but that might make it hard for beginners stuck in a clan dominated map, as some people get stuck on the "capture an acre" mission), and/or cost a considerable amount to build. That way only more dedicated active players would have them, but it would still be easily possible if you play enough, which could help to balance out overpowered clans a little. Also if it isn't too much work, you could potentially have settlements which consumed some resources, like commerce towns which require things like food, electricity, or any other resources, but give back money. Or military towns which require food but give a set number of troops depending on how big the town is. It could be a mini simplified town where you have to build houses and such, and the higher your population the more you can work the citizens. Or you could go with the level route and simplify things by just allowing the player to level up the town for resources, every time you level up it could cost you citizens as well. As your town grows it increases maintenance, but offers more yield. I'm not sure, there are quite a few ways you could do this honestly, also there are a ton of possibilities for town specialties. I'm not sure if in the end any of this is worth doing, but I think it could make the game more interesting, and I at least think that settlements that act as personal acres is a good idea for balance purposes. Just my thoughts on the matter :P
Posted January 22 2016 - 14:43
It should be just a defensive point for your troops and not get any resources. At level 36 you can research portable stations for food, wood, oil, ect. to use at those locations. It would take 2 cars to transport each station and would need convoys of cars to go back, but this settlement would be shown across the entire map so people could be checking you convoys and raid them.

Page 1 of 2    12