THreads in control by the Creator

Page 2 of 3     123

Posted February 11 2016 - 20:09
ooh, that was a good burn! I tip my hat to you for that one, truly.
Posted February 12 2016 - 00:39
if you can't be grown up enough to ignore people you either don't like or agree with posting in your PUBLIC forum threads then maybe you shouldn't be posting anything in any forum... period

if you want people to take you and your thread seriously then ignore the "trolls" and act like an adult...otherwise you look like a petulant child

if you want a PRIVATE forum for your clan their are numerous sites that would facilitate that...if you continue to use the PUBLIC in game forum then quit whining when the PUBLIC posts something...it just makes you look like a clown
Posted February 12 2016 - 00:48
"Never will I allow the nefarious persons of the old government, and their totalitarian ideas run us ever again! Never will I allow the end of our freedom and liberty."

that's a direct quote from one of your cheesy speeches...might wanna practice what you preach
Posted February 12 2016 - 01:43
Yes, PLEASE do something about this, on my Page I asked multiple times, unsurprisingly they didn't listen and now my NATO Post is filled with stupid Posts and Pictures.
Posted February 12 2016 - 02:26
We going have a major blood bath over MEME Lol
Posted February 12 2016 - 02:35
@RickGrimes I hope you do realize I am only wanting to delete these off topic posts, I have been criticized by a many of persons on this site before due to by... actions and coped with them well enough.

However, you seem to think I want to delete even the slightest provocation of an opinion by a user on my page of which you are sadly mistaken and you too have been making logical fallacy that just do not make a word of sense.

But lets be real here. The more garbage a person posts in a forum or forum thread the more unattractive it appears thus ruining the entire point of luring people to join your clan and further distracting them. Not only does it make it unattractive but it also lowers the creative content on the site and in the forums and just makes it a cesspool of poor content.

Lastly, though I disagree with the both of you I truly do respect your input and opinions on this subject.

Posted February 12 2016 - 02:36
Oh, and @RickGrimes all my speeches are cheesy. I like to have fun, not be a nancy.
Posted February 12 2016 - 02:48
then quit being a "nancy" and crying about insignificant posts on a forum for everyone in the game and have fun then..constant crybaby b.s. and demanding the power to edit posts as you see fit sounds pretty far from having fun and not being a "nancy" boy...sounds like a child throwing a tantrum...you can't say you handle the criticisms and consequences of your actions well but then cry about posts you don't like...THAT would be what you call a fallacy

so to sum up....less crying and whining...more game play and fun
Posted February 12 2016 - 03:04
So you do agree that these persons are making the forums unattractive and are also deterring far from the intended topics? To be short, that is exactly what this is about and exactly what the NATO and I are talking about.
Posted February 12 2016 - 03:25
It call propaganda
Posted February 12 2016 - 04:10
you really don't get it do you.....when you create a thread in public game wide forum that anyone can post to it isn't "yours"...it belongs to anybody and everybody in the game..to contribute to as they see fit. some will add creative content and contribute to it.. others will "troll" and yet others will post "propaganda" to counter your message...the in game moderators are there to handle offensive, questionable, or potentially harmful content..just because you start a thread doesn't mean you own it or its content..so there is no need for the ability to edit any post other than your own.. what you need is the ability to put your big boy pants on and deal with it...or stay off the forum if you can't handle the real world

i enjoy the different clan threads personally(even tho i'm not into the roleplay) and don't find any off topic posts "unattractive" in any way..i skip over em and they don't bother me in the least..what i find unattractive is useless threads crying about how other threads have useless post in them...if you don't realize how stupid that is, then there is no hope for you
Posted February 12 2016 - 04:15
Just add a system to report inappropriate threads and comments. The fix is not that hard. You could probably tie it with the bug fix thing but just add a new catagory, maybe.
Posted February 12 2016 - 06:51
"Its not that hard" ? Adding something even close to a flag button is a complete headache. The client end is simple : just add a button that turns red(or any other color, but red kinda marks out) when clicked and stays that way. But there has to be someone on the other end to read through all of it to separate off-topics from rule-violations.

But a reporting system for individual posts is necessary. Something similar to the current ticket system but without the feedback mechanism.

Page 2 of 3     123