Restrictions KILL This Game - General Rant and Raving About This Game

Page 3 of 3     23

Posted May 19 2016 - 00:33
There is such a thing as community moderating.

Example:

TheNiceGuy, stick to the topic at hand, not Ronald's business practices. Besides, it is common practice for Admins to ask members of their community to A)Self moderate and then B) become informed moderators. That's basically how the internet works. We moderate each other and then the cream of the crop becomes the hammer of justice when crop gets out of hand.
Posted May 19 2016 - 06:54
Scarlite it is to the topic cause they are the team of Outbreak, that could be a reason about most the thing you been ranting about
Posted May 19 2016 - 09:41
Our team never was big and still isnt.

Me doing all the programming work and Perry doing the design (and a bit of programming by now). Together we try to moderate everything and luckly Vorsalk has recently joined us but he is doing exams at the moment so also not a lot of time to moderate.

In the meantime we had some people joining our team but left within a couple of weeks... so not much of help there.

We dont like paid content at all, thats why we have not included it in the game. Also buying wildcards seems to me a unfair advantage to people who are willing to spent money on such things. If we ever going to introduce paind content, it will be something not giving you real benefits to other players. Perhaps some personalization options or something like that. But most important we first want to game to be more balanced before we start paying attention on such kind of stuff. We have come from a long way (dont know how many of you guys have been around for a long time) and it have been hard to get a real good playable balance in the game, but i feel like we are heading the right way.

Long time since we had to reset the round in the middle because everything was screwed up ^^

Also ofcourse i love to do coding above spending much of my time on moderating, great to see many people using our new report function and help us a bit :)
Posted May 19 2016 - 17:38
Thank you for the response Ronald also i had been in this game for a couple of round, Also that a good idea to not make it Pay to Win
Posted May 19 2016 - 20:35
I find this funny every time.
Posted May 19 2016 - 21:33
Lol yea that be happping sometime
Posted May 20 2016 - 04:16
@Scarlet That convoy decided to take the scenic route and that one guy, and there's one in every convoy you just can't avoid it, just had to take a piss! So they went looking for a rest stop and got lost and they ran over a banana on the road too and they just got thrown off their intended path Mario cart style. So now they're basically all screwed and all because of that one guy. To add to the intrigue of this story even more and you won't believe this, they found Karen hiding behind a tree in the f-ing forest! Sadly, she did not overhear their conversation. The End.

Annnnd back on topic:

We dont like paid content at all, thats why we have not included it in the game.

I agree with this statement and I'm happy it was said! If that ever changed I don't know what I would do. It's one of the reasons I stick around. Scarlet had me worried with that suggestion!

Posted May 20 2016 - 15:04
I think we have most convoy issues fixed but still a couple of them go of the screen..

When im done with coding the new content i will start troubleshooting convoys again :)
Posted May 20 2016 - 17:19
No No dont fix that issue.

That one's hilarious.

Cap: "Men, We are going in to war today and .. and.."
Sold 1: "SIR! SIR! SIR! SIR! SIR! SIR! SIR! SIR!"
Cap: "WHAT!?"
Sold 1: "I gotta pee."
Cap: "THEN DO IT!"
Sold 1: ".... I can't."
Cap: "And why the hell not?"
Sold 1: "....it's too public."
Sold 2: "I gotta pee too."
Sold 3: "Me three."

*2047 Soldiers joins in*

Cap: "FINE! We drove all the way here MIGHT AS WELL MAKE A DETOUR."

*Hours Later*

SIGN READS: "WELCOME! TO WEST VIRGINIA!"

Cap: "You've GOT to be kidding me! .... WHERE'D YOU COME FROM?"
Civil: "I had to pee too."
Cap: "Well... that makes 2052 of us that need to go potty."
Posted May 20 2016 - 17:40
Wow,This form is really great for discussing game topics,So many intelligent people who actually KNOW what they are talking about,Along with the convoys,XD
Posted May 20 2016 - 21:20
@iwbtg9544 -- Thanks

@Kricket -- There's a difference between pay to play and rush cards.

Example: There is a game on Kongregate/ArmorGames/Yahoo that had a great standing series but when it crossed over into MMO it FAILED HARD. Main reason being Pay2Play. Had it been fairly balanced between paying players and non paying players, they would have probably had a great game. But the ones that Paid got: Better items, keys that opened loot boxes, rarity items, rarity books, fast travel and a hoopla of other things as well as the ability to finish some missions. Where non playing players had to have the luck of the draw to get any of those items once in a year. Granted you could make the currency the game took once ever 5 days but you only got 3 or 4 and it broke ever time (Kinda like the Researching for Wildcards but not as expensive and annoying). It was uber ridiculous. "You found a SPECIAL CRATE,... but you need a SPECIAL KEY that matches the level of this SPECIAL CRATE and no you cant use that SPECIAL KEY because that SPECIAL KEY is not the same level as this SPECIAL CRATE." AKA Youre better off throwing the crate away. Then they merged servers and the other server had special advantages because they had been around longer. Placing even the Pay2Play people on Server A at a disadvantage.

So ^^^^^THAT^^^^^ compared to 5$ for a Rush Food card doesnt seem to bad. That's about as far as I would go though. If some SOB wants to pay 50 bucks for 1,800,000 LBs of food you go do that boo boo. Its cheaper at the market.

Page 3 of 3     23