Night Fights

Posted June 24 2016 - 14:09
A cold midnight wind blew through the Kansas plains, all five hundred citizens of the small town of Palm Oasis slept through the storm. There were actually two storms, a thunderstorm, and a bullet storm, but the citizens only slept through the thunderstorm.......
The only souls that weren't asleep were me, Captain Creek (our head of military command) and a strange, secretive mercenary who called himself Big D. We were running through a bargain. we were in the middle of ten different cities that were five times our size and their threat grew daily. Big D asked for a high price, but we knew he would be able to assassinate the mayors of the ten cities, all allied, their clan was known as The Spartan Tactical...
Unbeknownst to us Big D would be fighting alongside us that very hour, for no one had to pay him to try to stay alive, he feared death.....
We were in the heart of the city, a makeshift town hall, made from salvaged tank metal, old silo planks and concrete blocks. Our small town wasn't very strong military wise, no guards protected the city, at least at this hour, and at the outskirts of the town were many wooden homes, housing widowed women and their children.
We were so caught up in our bargaining that we didn't smell the smoke until it had crept up our own walls.
"What the-" Big D said but I interrupted him with, "I knew we shouldn't have used wood for all our buildings! Raiders from The Spartan Tactical are here!"
Big D picked up his sniper rifle and aim at the one door, that was burning and cracking. I unholstered my hand gun and Captain Creek loaded his machine gun. We must have been the last ones alive...
The door blasted open, not from the heat but by a single kick of a Spartan Elite, Spartan Tactical's elite units. They flooded in. I shot ten rounds in the first five seconds, Captain opened a spray of fire and Big D jumped up to a nonburining post supporting the roof and took aim with his rifle. The fire fight went on for five whole minutes, we knew the Spartan Elites would keep flooding in. We also knew they didn't allow surrenders. The next second an enemy troop threw a grenade up to the post Big D was on and it was all over. Palm Oasis had fallen in just two hours. Five hundred people lay dead. But the story of this massacre lived on. One day all the small villages would unite together to avenge the Palm Oasis and strike The Spartan Tactical a finishing blow...
Posted November 29 2016 - 00:26
The true Spartan, will take his chance to rule in a world of rot and ruin. He will rise above the ashes and destruction, to claim his rightful place as ruler of the new world.