General Ironside

Posted June 25 2016 - 02:16
Just want to point out some balance problems with this mayor.

1. You get the most powerful attacking unit in the game, with 10 attack.
2. You get a 40%attack bonus, along with a 20% defense bonus and 10% op defense and attack bonus.
3. These together, along with the extremist bonus and the spearhead upgrades, can get you an insanely overpowered town.

It's no mystery why so many of the top players are using this mayor. While you can get fairly far up using other mayors, if you're fighting against people using this mayor, it makes it extremely hard to hold government locations or defend your town.

To make this more balanced, I would say tone the attack bonus down to like 20% or so, and do something to make assault bikers less overpowered, or remove assault bikers entirely (10 attack unit that's fast and requires no vehicles, I mean come on) and replace them with something else.
Posted June 25 2016 - 09:26
I'd say replace it with a small jeep, it does't have extra speed but doesn't need a car
Posted June 25 2016 - 12:25
Officer Clark can get the exact same score but then in defense, if you are really keen on defending please choose him :)

Also the weaking of general Ironside is attacking him. His bikers have a week defense score and if you catch his army correctly you could deal major damage.
Posted June 25 2016 - 12:38
I say that assult bikers should get rebalaced.Give them 9 attack and 4 defece.Plius 40 % attack could be lowered up to 30 %.Assult could also eat more food and use more fuel.
Posted June 25 2016 - 15:28
Personally, I think they are fine the way they are.

Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

One may be geared more for Attack as General Ironsides and General Johnson are and others are more geared for defense like IDK cause I cant seem to find the bonuses list anywhere in the guide. Point is each has their distinct advantages and disadvantages and it take time to figure out how to play the game. Like what units are most effected with which bonuses (I personally like soldiers though others prefer Agents and Bikers) and what you need to have a thriving army (cause lets be honest here, Total Domination is fun when youre on top).

You can balanced them out as well with up to 25% research and 5% Tech bonus (or other non-direct tech bonuses, like missed missiles and stuff) so Ronald really gives no one the upper, upper hand. Just a matter of figuring out and playing the game.

Granted, there are issues with the game but I've got my 2 forums for my "explosive moments." Just give me a few hours and I'll realize its a game and I need to get over it and provide better constructive criticism then "Tis a big old, F You Sir."

:^P