The Future World

Posted July 09 2016 - 16:27
The newspaper read: 3/8/3200-The Bugle Syndicate
And the headlines read: Fifteenth terrorist attack this month.
"Damn." Chuck, my best friend said slamming the paper on the coffee table. What I meant by a coffee table wa a big block of wood flopped on the floor.
"Atleast we get news, even if its shitty news." I rolled my eyes.
"this is government news, no one ever wants news from the perspective of the government, even before THE OUTBREAK."
"Why do we still refer to the outbreak? Its been more than a millennium!" I exclaimed.
"Because." He flipped the bird, "The damn government aint fixing this mess!"
"Atleast there is some kind of government besides the shattered government from years ago!" I shrugged. "We at least live in one b fairly big city safe from outlaws!"
"Outlaws! Fifteenth terrorist attack this month! This is shit! This is worse than before the outbreak!"
"Keep it down, the kids are finally having a chance to sleep in a real house!" My wife hushed us both.
"I tell you," Chuck whispered, "This is a damn government, we need to go back to the old days and make our own city for once! We can do this. The new government did it, they did it bad but they still did it! They just walked in and assembled everyone after the old government truly shattered. Let's do this!"
And this would be the begginging of a new era, even though it seemed a new era had already started with the new government.
You see, we may have almosy established a small city but the world just can't recuperate from the conflict. There are still terrorist attacks and bandits everywhere. Time to truly restart!
(Feel free to add to this story, it will evolve and everyone will contribute.)
Posted July 09 2016 - 16:32
I hope there isnt too much language in this. I read the forum rules and it said there could be some language but thats all relative. Maybe could you give a better explanation of HOW MUCH is TOO MUCH.
Posted July 09 2016 - 19:19
A story isn't going to go far without language...
Posted July 09 2016 - 19:25
Well fuck, you have to say shit at least once to be concerned about language.
Posted July 09 2016 - 20:00
I must say... I'm a little concerned about the bird flipping...
Posted July 09 2016 - 20:06
If a bird can flip, it's got that special something that not all birds have. Its gonna be a STAR!
Posted July 09 2016 - 20:07
I'm "role playing".....
Posted July 09 2016 - 20:15
*can of worms Kricket didnt mean to open has been opened*
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

Posted July 09 2016 - 22:38
:^)
Posted July 11 2016 - 15:55
ceemon! add to the story, I will too but i wanna see some participation!