THE OUTBREAK ATTACK AND DEFEND CALCULATOR (Excel Spreadsheet)

Page 2 of 3     123

Posted August 12 2016 - 19:20
How about you code that calculator for us Thomas? And then maybe Ronald can incorporate it into the game? I mean, do you even know what Excel Spreadsheet even is or what it does? Excel Spreadsheets are to numbers what Photoshop is to photos.... Honestly kid....
Posted August 12 2016 - 19:32
I don't know how to code, Thomas. Plus, this was adequate for me, since the formulas for this game are simple. It was more about organization than difficulty.

As far as making the game easier, all this information in the calculator is available in the guide; I'm pretty sure Ronald intended for us to use them if we wanted. If you prefer crunching numbers, you should still crunch numbers. If you prefer blindly sending troops, you can still blindly send troops. If you'd like to use the calculator (because, like me, I can't always spend a long time looking up numbers and bonuses and stuff when I'm busy) you can use the calculator. Play the game however you'd like.
Posted August 12 2016 - 19:45
you coded it in excel (I assume... I haven't bothered checking you spreadsheet)... which can be considered as a very high level mathematics language.

the principle is the same in other languages but there is more work to it
Posted August 12 2016 - 19:50
I'm not much of a master of Excel, either. The formulas for this game are just really easy to write.
Posted August 12 2016 - 21:00
About coding.

Thing is that I have to have time to do that. Plius thear are problems that I need to addres.Wich are seriuos.

Also like I said coding can cost nervs. And I need to find aswers to erros that arise. Simplest taks should be to implament counting troop score.

Trust me even simple formulas can get difficutl.
Posted August 12 2016 - 21:16
i am a master of the multi-modal optimizer and i find an excel spreadsheet sufficient... plus it comes with an easy to use user interface... but struggle on with your multiplication sums, lastplace
Posted August 12 2016 - 21:33
I don't work with Excel a lot.

And I would much rather make my onve thing.
Posted August 12 2016 - 22:49
Listen, I know that people in this forum like to go back and forth trying to get the last word, but can you do me a favor and please keep responses related to the forum post subject? It's really annoying for a post to get cluttered with 4 pages of unrelated, non-helpful responses, which seems to be the trend here.

If you'd like to talk about your coding preferences, or talk about how good you are at coding, or tell me that you don't need a calculator (so don't use it? its that simple), or posting random memes, or pretty much anything that doesn't have to do with an excel file that calculates attack and defense, then you can message each other or start a different forum post or just use the everyone chat. I know forum etiquette isn't a big thing on here, but lets try it, huh? You might even like it!
Posted August 12 2016 - 23:09
I had actually warmed to the idea over the day.... yours looks much prettier than mine... but i like it a bit rough and ready.
Posted August 12 2016 - 23:39
@Mr_Mephisto

Not my taste to work with Execl.

But I see that you did a good job with tools and skill that you have
Posted August 13 2016 - 00:26
Some might say I excel at spreadsheets.... I'll try yours along with my own when I get home and provide some feedback....
Posted August 13 2016 - 00:34
Might I suggest using Google Docs next time instead of a sketchy DropBox site.
They have a share feature and people could save it to their own....

Would keep a back up though.
Posted August 13 2016 - 04:41
Ill upload it in Google Docs sometime and repost the link sometime, Scarlet. I just have to do some spring cleaning in my file storage lol

Page 2 of 3     123