K2 Multiple Accounts Epidemic PSA

Page 3 of 7     12345

Posted December 15 2016 - 09:39

Thank you all for your concerns, we are aware double accounts is a issue (as always).

Im working on some other systems to prevent double accounts but i will do a full sweep this weekend on both area's.

Will report the result here.
Posted December 15 2016 - 09:40
looks like you are my fan, so well, for sure you read all my post like holy bible and noticed that I was against cheating no matter if I loosing or winning. so not change this topic about game rules into some personal/clan bullshit disscussion.
Posted December 15 2016 - 12:42
Thanks Ronald! For all you effort! Its good to see you post.
Posted December 15 2016 - 12:42
Going to get Ronald! a Christmas present :) What would you like for Christmas Ronald? :D
Posted December 17 2016 - 09:48
Ruff_Ryda > I really do hope that this is looked into so you can see how wrong you are. You're targeting N3xus: Pepperville / HighNoon / JynxThis / Planet_Terror / New_Hope

Pepperville and New_hope were both enemies of the N3xus clan for almost the entire last round, and those two didn't really work together at all. They both went by different names at the time, not mine to share, but have learned a lot and yes Pepper is doing amazingly well this round. Just like Silvernvillage last round. I thought he was cheating at first but him and I started as enemies, then became good friends and I found out that he was in no way cheating... just played well and got lucky. That doesn't mean he's cheating and I shut my mouth after accusing him of doing so initially. As a member of the clan you're targeting, a few members are friends.. in real life. I know that may be unheard of to people like you but for example, I thought this game was really cool and shared it with a couple people. And yes, those people are in the clan, together... and they try to work, together. They chat on the phone and play the game talking strategy that never works out lol. The main reason I enjoy this game is because it allows me to spend time with friends and meet new people.

I work in the world of tech and computer security, as well as have hosted a few websites myself. I know that IP addresses of members can be pulled easily, but a lot of people these days use VPNs either because they can't visit certain websites due to their location, they torrent, or just want to pay bills privately. So using an IP address to ban someone is not as easy to use to properly determine as one would think. As well as all that can be viewed is the gateway IP address... When I visit my brother, who I also got into this game. We play on the same router under the same gateway IP address. Does that mean we should get banned from this game?

Some people have done some crazy stuff to lvl up their characters, and others appear to be a bit smarter about things. There was one member that was kicked that I'm 99.9% sure only had one account and had to start over with another one. If that was me I'd get annoyed and say forget this game, then complain to everyone, but he didn't.. so maybe he's a stronger person than I am. I have my suspicions about some members that aren't in the top ten. One is in the top, the other ones aren't. But if that's what they decide to do then that's on them.

I really hope that after Ronald (thank you for your time Ronald!) goes through things, those complaining will realize that Pepper is just kicking a$$.. and you all will realize that just because a clan tries to work together doesn't mean they are cheating.
Posted December 19 2016 - 11:31

Thank you for your response ArtN3xus and i agree, it is easy for us to scan on IP basis (which we do) but its also easy to go around it. Its sometimes really hard for us to really found out what is going on.

We dont want to punish good teamwork or use of good tactics. If we do, i would be by balacing the game better instead of banning people.

Also we dont bann people that easy if we are not 99% sure someone is using a double account.
If we do bann someone who thinks this is incorrect, they can ofcourse Always contact us and present their case.

For so far i have been scanning and searching for double accounts in the Kansas 2 and 3 area during the weekend.

For Kansas 3 i didnt not find any effidence someone is using double account, ofcourse we will keep monitoring all activities.

We have some suspects for Kansas 2 we are going to look into further.

More info will follow.

Posted December 19 2016 - 22:05
We have banned 5 people in the Kansas 2 area after further investigation which did made use of multiple accounts for sure.

We will keep working on improving our actions against the multiple accounts issue in the coming days.

Posted December 20 2016 - 04:51
Posted December 20 2016 - 13:54
You didn't ban anyone with multiple accounts, you just banned people using the same wifi network... lol
Posted December 20 2016 - 14:03
I don't know how else you banned them but you obviously only looked at the IPs since they rarely ever traded with each other or anything.
Posted December 20 2016 - 14:18
It's nice to know that you can get banned for playing this game with your friends at school.
Posted December 20 2016 - 15:21
For sure you can't be banned on sight for playing this game with freinds at school or work because admins not rush with bans but they let them explain situation and I'm sure that they are able to judge such situation properly and not act harsh if explanation is credible. Probably they ban mostly guys who are too cocky or stupid to explain yourself.
Posted December 20 2016 - 15:34
We haven't done anything wrong to my knowledge, and they've yet to reply to anything we've said.

Page 3 of 7     12345