1/3rd and 2/3rd rule are incorrect

Posted December 28 2016 - 16:50
I noticed in the previous round that the 2/3rd rule is incorrect. This may have been discussed before, however this is only my 2nd round of playing this game and both in K2. The Devs did not respond to the in game ticket I submitted awhile back. Does anyone know what the actual upper and lower limits are? The rules listed below are wrong.

- You cannot attack players which have less than 2/3rd of your points. To calculate if you can attack a lower town: your points * 0.6666
- Our troops do not dare to attack a player with 1/3rd more then our points. To calculate if you can attack a higher town: your points * 1.3333
Posted December 29 2016 - 01:39
For some reason I am agreeing with N_Da_Game : ) I do the math all the time and it never works out.
Posted December 29 2016 - 18:23
I havn't done any maths recently but in the past maybe last roundc I did wonder, about it.

Though you can attack* hidden secreat any town as long as your attack conyoy. Is on their way to or surround their Town as long as when,you press attack your points are hhe same. (a bug? Or just oh they want it)

I've thought, the same in the past. Though I donl't mind it. As although its a but of a numbers game. Its good to have some unknows.
Posted January 03 2017 - 14:52
Hi all,

I have just uploaded a change to the formula, it should now be working correctly:

Lower limit = points - (points / 3)
Upper limit = points + (points / 3)

Please let me know if still something is wrong.

Greetings,
Ronald
Posted January 03 2017 - 20:54
Lower limits is not working. Please see the ticket for the details.
I'm unable to test the upper limits due to my score.
Posted January 04 2017 - 09:00
Thank you, i have responded on the ticket. I forgot to change the formula in our special operations code..
Posted January 05 2017 - 01:16
It appears to be working correctly on the lower limit.

Thanks
Posted March 24 2017 - 21:30
An issue with the calculation is that it gives a significant buff to the towns with a larger amount of points. A third of a higher number is larger than a third of the lower lvl towns. This allows members with more points to attack lower lvl towns, without allowing the lower lvl towns to reciprocate. Is this on purpose?
Posted March 25 2017 - 12:22
If you are having idea's on a better formula please share it with us, but yes since we are using a percentage the range will get wider when you have a higher score.
Posted March 26 2017 - 00:40
If you go to the 4th decimal as stated above, I believe the closest would be:

100 x 1.3333 = 133.33
133.33 x .7501 = 100.01
100 x .7501 = 75.01
75.01 x 1.3333 = 100.01

It is slightly off but if I had more info on how you code the algorithm I could provide a proper script.

But then again, is this buff an issue among others and worth fleshing out? A few of us noticed it last round and saw it as a disadvantage for those with lesser points allowing them less of a chance to build up without repeatedly being hit. It forces those within certain point ranges to fight each other, or work together with other members. Then for those that want to be able to attack anyone outside of these restrictions, I suppose that is what K3 is for.

Just some thoughts.
Posted March 27 2017 - 19:08
Yeah I was getting my food and vehicles stolen from a higher ranked person but I could not do anything back. Kinda weird. Not worried since those ops don't hurt anyone, just pointing it out.