Hey Ron......

Posted November 13 2015 - 07:03
I hate to be that guy, (and rain on someone's parade) and you know from other forum topics, that I love the game, and your quick responses. So, I thought I would bring something to your attention and gather your opinion on the topic.

I usually cringe at some changes to the game because I enjoy it so much and am sometimes worried changes could mess up "the masterpiece", :) .. But I also know that there are some situations where it is needed and I have full confidence in your and the devs abilities in weeding out good and bad suggestions. That being said...

Now, to get to the point.

Trenches....

They require little to no resources to build, give 8 points per trench, require 0 upkeep, and have little to no effect on the modifier..? Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

My issue is with these parameters it has become apparent to me that it could be highly exploitable.

Example: You now have a situation where the person in first place in Kansas 1 has 22,000 trenches and little to nothing else. (Could be 2nd place by the time you read this)

I know that everyone has their own strategy at winning. But, how can having a town with no acres, hardly any buildings (except trenches), and low population/troops (in retrospect to other top 5 players that is), win the game? If guess is my question/complaint.

My main issue I guess is, that you can build 10 trenches and get the same amount of points as 1 flat where flat's require much more than 10X the resources.

Or that trenches require 0 power (which I understand they wouldn't) and have little to no effect at all on the modifier. So, one could essentially win the round by simply building trenches and not a thing else.

Now, I'm sure there are a few solutions here. Maybe after you reach a certain amount of trenches the modifier adjustment increases at a higher rate on them, or even simpler lower amount of points per trench.

I am not advocating either choice they are only scenarios/possible solutions.

If you think no changes are needed than I am fine with that, if you agree that it seems easy to take advantage of I agree with that too. (Of course the latter is my personal opinion) ;)

Like I said it could just be a "strategy" at winning I suppose.

Yet at any rate I just had to make a topic on the subject because after all. It seems like an easy way to take first place, almost too easy.

Simply my opinion nothing more.

#outbreakrocks

Thanks,

Ant
Posted November 14 2015 - 00:56
I noticed this too, but spamming trenches just exposes you to higher level players with better sustainability. It's not quite a problem, I think, but a choice.
Either - work your way up, or inflate your score.
Posted November 14 2015 - 03:16
Yeah, but Panda, is it fair to win the game with 22k trenches is my central questions.
Posted November 14 2015 - 07:31
aelley in kansas 2 .... for example
Posted November 15 2015 - 16:25
I think he means Kansas 1.

Not Kansas 2.

The town of Aelley is located in Kansas (1).
Posted November 15 2015 - 19:55
Building trenches just exposes you to more threats, ironically. If someone tries to win that way, they'll get blown-up.
Posted November 16 2015 - 01:45
Case in point, even though the town in question just got every building destroyed by mortars (I just checked) they continue to be in top 5th or 6th place with trenches alone (seeing as there is no aggressive operation that particularly effects trenches directly).

But I get your point Panda, I just wanted a Dev to weigh in on this and give their opinion as well. Or, get some seasoned members to contribute to the discussion at least.

So thank you Panda. Your input is valid and appreciated. :)

Anyone else?
Posted November 16 2015 - 03:29
easy...

trenches --------------> 8 point (BAD)

trenches ---------------> 1 point or or affecting the overbuild (good)

all use trenches for point because dont affect the overbuild
Posted November 16 2015 - 05:28
yes.... very true
Posted November 16 2015 - 09:05
I agree and thank you for reporting, for next round we will review all score and lower that of windmill and trenches.

Also don't excuse yourself for posting feedback on our game, it is more then welcome especially when you post it on our forum so other players could also get into the discussion.
Posted November 16 2015 - 09:20
:)
Posted November 17 2015 - 01:16
:) Thanks