Snipers (Read Post)

Posted November 24 2015 - 17:42
I think a cool addition to the game would be Snipers, units with Low Defense but a High offensive score, of course these units could easily take out enemy soldiers, Police,ETC. but then that means Mortars are devastating to Snipers. These would be Very pricy units. This would also be cool because instead of just doing to "Overwatch" on your acres and just using Op Points, you will actually need to use Snipers instead, they could also be used to send out and spy on Enemy bases from long ranges (Pretty much just the Spy OP). This may be hard to change everything up so much but it would make more sense then Agents (only for some Spec Ops) Thanks for Reading!
Posted November 24 2015 - 18:22
#support
Posted November 24 2015 - 19:42
It's like a biker only slower and defenceless to moartars...Still,Good idea#support
Posted November 25 2015 - 05:05
#support
Posted November 25 2015 - 05:34
I like the basic idea of a sniper unit. not sure about Operations other than fairground missions.
Posted November 26 2015 - 10:03
I like the idea of snipers being implented one way or another.

Im not sure if it really would be a different kind of unit, but perhaps more like an operation or feature/upgrade for towns givin certain benefits :)
Posted November 29 2015 - 07:38
I propose that they be added to the "Research" feature of Outbreak(TM). They could be a researchable unit in the lab for a decent price between $1,000,000-$500,000 and 24ish hours. It would make sense for them to have high attack and defense values though because they're so strategically valuable. Either way, I think that snipers should only be made available at a higher level.

There could be a "Sniper Phase," like the mortar phase of a battle where they get a chance of spotting the enemy and a chance of hitting a number of targets in addition to participating in battle.
Logically, snipers should also get bonuses from sentry towers. Perhaps, a 00.5% bonus to all the above chances per tower.
However, unlike the mortars, the sniper should be able to either prioritize targets starting with other snipers and mortars, then ending with militia. Or, be able to disable vehicles, thus, excluding a number of troops from battle but not killing them.

I also think that the sniper should be heavily tied to the operation level because when we think of snipers, we think of blacks-ops, and that the above %chances should be determined by the OP level.

Start throwing around ideas for mechanics, folks! The more we do, the less the devs have to!
Posted January 08 2016 - 03:40
The unlocking snipers should unlock the "terrorize public" operation which work by killing random people in the town to "terrorize" the population and make them less effective (aka produce less food, money, wood, etc.)
Snipers should also unlock the "terrorize army" operation which work by killing random members of the army reducing effectiveness in battle.
There should also be some sort of public/army building (e.g. Homeland Security Organization) that reduces either the effects or duration of effects of the terror ops. Along with some sort time limit where the town can't be terrorized for a certain period of time (e.g. 6 weeks) so as to prevent a town being terrorized into starvation.