Forum

CT: :

THE OUTBREAK ATTACK AND DEFEND CALCULATOR (Excel Spreadsheet)

Page 1 of 3    12

Posted August 12 2016 - 09:37
THE OUTBREAK ATTACK AND DEFEND CALCULATOR V.1.0

Guess what guys? I HAD A LOT OF FREE TIME THIS WEEK!
What's the best thing to to do when you've got lots of time to kill? MAKE SPREADSHEETS, OF COURSE!

Anyway, I made an attack and defense calculator to make everything a little easier for myself, and then decided I might as well make it user-friendly and pretty for other people. Unfortunately this isn't going to work unless you have Microsoft excel, but feel free to take whatever you want from this spreadsheet and re-work it for whatever other application, like Google.

This Spreadsheet calculates vehicles needed, Attack Score (with and without the surprise bonus), a rough probability of whether a surprise attack will be successful against towns, the Defend Score, and various bonuses like Hero, Capital, Liberal, and Extremist. All youz guyz gotta do is plug in some numbers.

Please take a moment to read the READ ME page, and enjoy. Without further ado, here is the file sharing link. And yes, I promise its not a f*cking virus, or else Ronald may strip me of my account, and call me a jerk in the announcements page if he so chooses.

Please let me know if this link stops working; http://www.filedropper.com/theoutbreakcalculator

I need some testers on this one; run your own calculations and see if my spreadsheet matches up with your results, and reply in this forum.

Posted August 12 2016 - 10:14
I just got a virus of tjat link... Screw you
Posted August 12 2016 - 10:27
Are you being serious or just screwing with me? I literally tested it again just now just to make sure, and I didn't get a virus. You must have clicked one of those ads that makes itself look like a Download button. I've used filedropper a million times and have never gotten a virus, it has a friggen WOT Trustworthiness score of 93.

IF ANYONE DOUBTS ME, I WILL SEND THE EXCEL FILE DIRECTLY TO YOU THROUGH EMAIL WITHOUT A THIRD PARTY. JUST PM ME.

Edit: I reopened the page again without my adblocker on and didn't even see one of those fake advertisement download buttons. I then downloaded the excel file for a fifth time to see if there was anything bad attached to it. If you actually got a virus from that page (which I'm really starting to doubt), you must've done something really, really weird or your computer has a problem. But thanks for trying to make me look bad in the forums, I hope you're not just being a troll.
Posted August 12 2016 - 11:49
I was just kidding... but seriously... why make the game so easy for people?

If they haven't the wherewithal to make their own battle calculator they probably shouldn't be given one
Posted August 12 2016 - 12:54
You are using Exel.

Have you tried Coding ?
Posted August 12 2016 - 13:07
Because excel is an adequate tool for the job... unless you feel the need to impress strangers, in a game you are not even playing, about your coding prowess
Posted August 12 2016 - 14:14
It is more convienet to have dedikaited program to do so.

That is way people like dedicated servers a lot
Posted August 12 2016 - 14:38
lol
Posted August 12 2016 - 15:24
I think you don't know wath dedicated server is.

Never less I use Code::Blocks or visual basic to make programs.

But making Code can get realy hard. epecialy wean you have complicated lines and a lot of them. Then 1 mistake can cause a lot of problems. And then have fun searching and correcting that mistake
Posted August 12 2016 - 15:29
Well, you make my point for me...

instead of having to debug a code to calculate attack/ defense advantages for the game... you can in seconds set up a excel spreadsheet and just get on with playing the game
Posted August 12 2016 - 16:20
good job!
Posted August 12 2016 - 16:29
But ezier and quiker way may not be the best.

Plius if make a good program it will be more convienent for user to use.

You can try to use paint to edit pictures.

But it would be much better to use photshop
Posted August 12 2016 - 18:53
lol

Page 1 of 3    12