Map events (suggestion)

Posted October 11 2016 - 12:11
Add some locations to game which will appear on kansas map occasionally (random time and position) and dissapear after being captured by players or after some time (5 weeks or so). Some of these places guarded by bandits / soldiers, some other not. Level of difficulties should be variable but balanced. To keep some element of suprise and challenge would be not possible to infliltrate these places, also level of the potential benefits would be unknown and random.
For example:
military convoy - loot: c4, missiles
bandits camp - loot: money, food
abandoned gas station - loot: fuel
prewar warehouse - loot: every kind of resources
refugees camp - no loot, just some citizens and militia could join your town
bikers gang hideout - no loot, some bikers could join you
and so on. Sky is the limit.
Such events could bring some life in this constant environment and gave us new element of competition.
Posted October 11 2016 - 16:21
This really sound like you would fill up some of the time in the game. I like the idea and hope other player would agree
Posted October 11 2016 - 16:59
Ohh, or a tornado. ADD A TORNADO.
Posted October 11 2016 - 18:05
TORNADO!!!!
Posted October 11 2016 - 19:33
I like this idea. If it were to come to the game I would be happy.
Posted October 11 2016 - 23:20
Almost sounds like the stuff in the Spec Ops section...
Posted October 11 2016 - 23:38
Cool, nice idea. I like it. Will take it up with next dev meeting.
Posted October 12 2016 - 08:15
@HoneyBadger Yeah, it can sounds similiar to spec ops, but well, this game is mostly about using forces to get some exp and resources and I not suggest to change it. My idea is to bring one more way to obtain mentioned profits and in same time to make game map more alive. For sure how such random events (locations) may look more depend on developers creativity than on my very rough concept.

@Perry Nice!
Posted October 14 2016 - 07:35
Now this is a good thing to add. I have been playing outbreak for almost year. i would really like some changes.